The Alpha Course
July 11 - August 29
10:30 a.m. in Outreach Hall
Whether it’s a group of friends gathered around a kitchen table, or a quick catch-up over coffee and cake, food has a way of bringing people together. It’s no different at Alpha. We start with food because it’s a great way to encourage community and get to know each other.
The talks are designed to engage and inspire conversation. Generally, thirty minutes long, they can be given as a live talk or played as a video. They explore the big issues around faith and unpack the basics of Christianity, addressing questions such as Who is Jesus? and How can I have faith?
Probably the most important part of any Alpha is the chance to share thoughts and ideas on the topic, and simply discuss it in a small group. There’s no obligation to say anything. And there’s nothing you can’t say. It’s an opportunity to hear from others and contribute your own perspective in an honest, friendly, and open environment.
- Sunday, July 11 – Is There More to Life Than This?
- Sunday, July 18 – Who Is Jesus?
- Sunday, July 25 – Why Did Jesus Die?
- Sunday, August 1 – How Can I Have Faith?
- Sunday, August 8 – Why and How Do I Pray?
- Sunday, August 15 – Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Sunday, August 22 – How Does God Guide Us?
- Saturday, August 28 – Alpha Day Away
- Who Is The Holy Spirit?
- What Does The Holy Spirit Do?
- How Can I Be Filled With The Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Make The Most Of The Rest Of My Life
- Sunday, August 29 – Why and How Should I Tell Others?
The Alpha Course will be led by Pastor Andrew Conard and will meet at the church in Outreach Hall.