Child Care Center Director
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Early Learning Program Director works to provide leadership, program planning, supervision, and management for the Early Learning Program at Susanna Wesley United Methodist Church. The Early Learning Program provides excellent care and comprehensive educational enrichment for children ages 2½ to 5 years. The Child Care Center is currently licensed for 40 students at any one time in the building. The Director is responsible for overall operations and ensuring adherence to principles of developmentally appropriate programming and licensing requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CDA, Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply.
- Kansas Director’s Certificate preferred
- 1-2 years supervisory/management experience; experience in early childhood education strongly preferred
- Balances team and individual responsibilities appropriately
- Servant leader by example and practice
- Demonstrated ability to invite, connect, and sustain leaders and teams
- Ability to discuss academic and behavioral concerns with parents
- Be willing and able to become Safe Gatherings certified
- Be actively pursuing growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ, preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Early Learning Program with ultimate responsibility for the enrichment, safety, and well-being of all children in care
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Provide leadership in the development of program goals and objectives in alignment with the mission of Susanna Wesley United Methodist Church
- Oversee compliance with state and local regulatory agencies through proper maintenance of records, reports and scheduled visits and maintain ongoing communication with all
- Ensure adherence to applicable health, safety, and licensing standards set by KDHE and other local licensing agencies.
- Define admissions policies and ensure a fair and informative admissions process
- Ensure appropriate welcome and effective orientation of new families
- Maintain open and regular communication with families
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Provide mentorship to each staff member, conduct regular performance evaluations with meaningful feedback, and provide regular and meaningful professional development opportunities
- Oversee the hiring of staff and ensure that all job descriptions are up to date and accurately reflect the scope and responsibilities of the position
- Manage sources of funding, including tuition, fees, and grants, as available.
- Work with financial personnel for billing, payroll, and to have an accurate understanding of all financials at all times
- Work with the Child Care Council; attend regular meetings and provide detailed and accurate updates with regard to the operation of the program
- Oversee planning, purchase, preparation, and serving of breakfast, lunch, and snacks for child care and preschool programs
- Stay up to date on recent developments in the field of early childhood education and make recommendations to the Child Care Council, as appropriate
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, Susanna Wesley UMC reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Topeka, KS 66614 (Required)
- One location
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You can also find this job listing on: